Every week as the days go by the transfer news and rumours get hotter and hotter as clubs all across Europe scramble to perfect their teams for the upcoming season. Many developments occurred at the start of this week. Arsenal and Manchester City are still battling out for West Ham’s most prized asset. Manchester United and Chelsea cannot seem to agree on a player’s valuation and Bayern Munich has officially made a bid for one of the world’s best strikers. The Saudi clubs are still looking to poach some of Europe’s elite and the Italian clubs are finally starting to do some business.
Let’s take a look at some of the biggest transfer gossip, reports, and betting odds in the footballing world this week.
- Manchester City has made their 1st official bid for Declan Rice which is quite close to Arsenal’s second bid that was rejected by West Ham. The city bid 80 million pounds plus 10 million in add-ons for Rice. The bid was immediately turned down by West Ham citing that they want a valuation closer to 100 million. Arsenal is poised to make a third bid and it remains to be seen if City bid again and make this a two-way auction.
- Bayern Munich have lodged a stunning 70 million euro bid plus add-ons for Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane. The Englishman has just one year left of his contract and is also on the list of Manchester United. Spurs however are not keen to sell Kane and would reportedly not even listen to any offer below 100 million euros according to sources.
- Chelsea and Manchester United are set to meet face-to-face in the next 24 to 48 hours according to Fabrizio Romano to conclude the Mason Mount saga. Manchester United are adamant they would not pay more than the 55-million-pound package they offered Chelsea through their third bid. Mason Mount is keen to leave and it remains to be seen if Chelsea further lowers their asking price or the deal falls through.
- Manchester United saw a 2nd bid of 50 million pounds including add-ons for Mason Mount rejected yesterday. As per many reports, Chelsea is now willing to negotiate and lower the asking price with Mount adamant to leave. Manchester United are now expected to make a third bid with a compromise between both clubs expected to be reached soon.
- James Maddison is close to joining Tottenham Hotspur with a deal advancing with Leicester City. Maddison has agreed personal terms with Spurs and could become their second signing if a deal can be agreed between the two sides.
- Tottenham Hotspur is looking at defensive enforcement this season and has set their eyes on Bayer Leverkusen defender Edmond Tapsoba. The spurs have not yet lodged an official bid but are doing their due diligence behind the scenes.
- AC Milan is close to making their first signing of the season as they are in advanced negotiations for Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek. The two clubs have agreed on a total package of 20 million euros for the English midfielder with only minor details left to complete the deal.
- Paris Saint-Germain is confident of agreeing a deal with Bayern Munich to sign Lucas Hernandez. The French international defender has one year left on his contract and does not want to renew his deal with Bayern and join PSG. Bayern Munich is in advanced negotiations with Kim Min-Jae and is also keeping tabs on Pau Torres from Villareal.
- Juventus have also made their first signing of the summer as they have agreed a deal with Lille to sign Timothy Weah. The USA international has signed with the Old Lady for a fee of 12 million euros.
- Saudi club Al-Ahli is in advanced talks with Roberto Firmino to sign him on a free transfer. Al-Ahli has offered Firmino’s camp a huge salary offer along with a three-year contract. The deal appears to be close with Firmino’s camp discussing the final details.
- Al-Nassr and Inter Milan have agreed a deal of 23 million euros for Marcelo Brozovic. The deal however is still held up due to Brozovic’s wage demands. Al-Nassr has offered a wage package of 20 million euros whereas Brozovic is looking for 30 million euros.